Annons:
Tagopinion
Read 1209 times
Leia
2019-02-18 22:57

Should You Get Vaccinated?

You may have seen this guy called Ethan in the news last week. 

The 18-year-old decided that he wanted to be vaccinated for his birthday, even though his parents protested against it. Are you pro-vaccine or anti-vaccine?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Evelina
2019-02-19 10:43

Pro-vaccine. Don’t really have much to say about this topic. But is it a big movement in the Uk like it is in the US? To be anti-vaccine

Leia
2019-02-19 12:52

#2 I believe there is a minor group here in UK that is anti-vaccine, I think one of their big arguments is that it links to autism, although many argue that this is a myth. 

I'm all for vaccinations, especially given I have an auto-immune disease. I am a lot more susceptible to different illnesses and diseases. I'm lucky that I am eligible for a free Flu vaccine once a year here in Britain, most people will have to have private health care if they want that.

All the best, Leia

Evelina
2019-02-19 13:41

I never get the flu vaccine tbh though! More because I am lazy than any other reason. I don’t recall ever getting one, maybe as a child.

Niklas
2019-02-19 14:12

I am very much for vaccinating against measles. The statistics I have seen are very convincing.

All breakouts (except one whose status was unknown) in Sweden in 2017 have been confirmed to affect unvaccinated or not completely vaccinated people. Measles is the vaccine-preventable disease that causes most deaths in the world. In 1980 2.6 million people globally died of measles, in 1990 it was 545,000 and in 2014 it was 73,000. Many millions of lives have been saved by the vaccines globally. The majority of the deaths are amongst children under 5 years of age.

Measles is one of our most contagious human diseases. About 90 percent of unvaccinated people in close contact with a measles-sick person is infected.

Rumors of measles vaccine causing autism are based on a faulty medical report from 1998. Much later the report was classified as conscious fraud.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-02-21 13:53

#4 those are statistics you just can't argue with in my opinion!

All the best, Leia

Niklas
2019-02-21 14:05

Yeah. The problem is that those arguing against vaccine seldom use statistics to Support their position.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Niklas
2019-03-11 11:18

Here’s a fresh example of possible effects of not getting proper vaccination. On the “good” side, vaccinated people seldom are affected by those who decide against vaccination and then turn sick.

“Public officials and health experts had given several warnings: Do not allow a student in school if they had not been vaccinated against measles.

Still, during New York City’s largest measles outbreak in a decade, a school in Brooklyn ignored that advice, resulting in one student infecting at least 21 other people with the virus.”

» Measles Outbreak: 1 Student Got 21 Others Sick - The New York Times

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-03-11 22:25

#7 Imagine infecting 21 other people! That student must have felt awful, I wonder if that changed their minds about getting vaccinated 🤔

All the best, Leia

Niklas
2019-03-13 12:59

When they have had it, I think they are immune.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-03-13 23:13

"Schools across Italy have been ordered to turn away unvaccinated children under strict new laws that went into effect Monday.

Children under 6 years old will be banned from attending nursery and kindergarten if parents cannot provide proof of vaccination. Children between 6 and 16 cannot be flat-out banned from attending school, but parents will face fines up to $560 for sending their unvaccinated kids to class."

It seems Italy has a very strong opinion on vaccinations! 

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/03/13/italy-bans-unvaccinated-kids-from-school/

All the best, Leia

Tammie
2019-03-15 00:35

Overall, I think it is probably better for kids to be vaccinated.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Emo
2019-03-20 15:31

Is the question just about measles or is it about other diseases too?

In general I am against vaccination and I have very good reason to be.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Leia
2019-03-21 00:27

#12 About all major diseases! I am interested in hearing why you are against?

All the best, Leia

Annons:
Emo
2019-03-21 05:05

#13 I can tell you. I wrote to Niklas and I can copy most of it it here.

I hope I will be respected because I have so bad experiences about vaccination. Both my children were close to death because the were vaccinated. After what happened to our daughter I didn't let our son be vaccinated expect against smallpox according to law.

While he travels a lot he thougt he should be vaccinated against diphteria. Luckily they could start his heart when it stopped. After that no doctor dare to vaccinate him against other diseases.

Leia
2019-03-22 00:46

#14 What a horrible experience for you to go through😢 I’m so sorry for that. I couldn’t imagine a more valid reason to be against vaccinations. I guess unless a life threatening incident happens to you, it’s not something you even think about, it hadn’t crossed my mind until now. Overall, I think it is a personal choice and I would never judge or think less of person who chose not to be vaccinated, especially if that person was in your situation. Everyone is free to make their own decision🙂.

All the best, Leia

Emo
2019-03-22 08:07

#15 You are right. I hadn't thought about it in years but now I begun to thing about if I hadn't been so hard against vaccination at that time, maybe my son hadn't survived. I thought about if I had let then vaccinate him what could have been the result Crying

Tammie
2019-04-04 04:53

When I was very young they still vaccinated against small pox and my Mom said that I had a really bad reaction. My Mom was told by the Dr. that if they ever decided to have booster shots later in life for small pox (like they do for Chicken Pox) not to let me get it. He said it would likely kill me. 

My sons had bad reactions to one of the combined vaccine's and was not able to take the full regiment.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2022-02-08 11:04

This discussion is extra interesting since it stems from before the pandemic. A lot has happened and pro or con vaccines have been a much bigger issue when other people's lives literally have been in the balance depending on what you choose.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2022-02-08 11:28

I have fully vaccinated against Covid19 and have recently gotten the booster as well. I also got the flu vaccine this year because there has been a bad strain floating around in Stockholm. I had to pay for the flu vaccine but it was only 35 US dollars, so worth it in my opinion.

In Stockholm, there is also a new vaccine against HPV for those born 1994 and after. I am too old to get that one, but my friends are getting it.

• Edited by Evelina 2022-02-08 11:29
Niklas
2022-02-08 19:13

#19: Aha, earlier I think HPV vaccine only was for teens. That’s a good development.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Evelina
2022-02-13 12:51

#20: Yeah it is really good. And supposed to have a greater coverage of the different strains.

Scroll to top
Annons: