Annons:
Tagopinion
Read 683 times
Tammie
2018-12-07 06:42

Waste Not Want Not- A Documentary On Freeganism

Could you live a life of Freeganism? I don't think I could. I agree that we need to find ways to distribute food so that it doesn't just get thrown away. 

What are your thoughts?

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
Niklas
2018-12-07 11:05

I’m not sure I should have an opinion about it, but I think they are doing it the wrong way when they go through trash bins. I think it would be much more efficient and dignified to talk to the stores and make an agreement to come and get the food.

Lots of stores in sweden give their leftovers to charity. There’s also a smartphone app called Karma that food companies (restaurants, cafés etc.) use to advertise food at half price by the end of the day, or whenever they have leftovers to get rid of. You get notifications whenever there is something in your favorite stores. We have bought lots of cakes, pastries and bread that way. It’s superb. Especially if you are having a party.

» Karma App - Rescue unsold food

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-12-07 23:39

#1 Lidl has also started to give any surplus to charities here in Manchester! It's definitely a movement I think more places should follow.  I have a friend that works at Costa Coffee and she says all the leftovers have to been thrown in the bin, not even staff can take it home or have it for lunch.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-12-08 10:41

#2: In a few years I think they will see how outdated that way of thinking is.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-12-09 18:36

I agree with you Niklas. I think that things are changing as globally the world starts to think differently.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Scroll to top
Annons: