Annons:
Tagopinion
Read 664 times
Leia
2018-11-08 22:37

Should Sex Toys Be Sold in Supermarkets?

UK Supermarket giant Sainsbury's has revealed its stores will soon be stocking a range of sex toys. The new range includes a choice of three vibrators; The Rose Gold Bullet for £8, Rose Blush Bullet for £12 and the Aura Silver Vibrator and Massager for £15.

However, the release of the range has divided shoppers, 'Good Morning Britain' highlights some of the main debates; 'not the time', 'will ruin the real thing' and  'it stops the taboo'.

Do you have a strong opinion on this?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Niklas
2018-11-09 11:52

I don’t have a strong opinion on this. I guess that if there are enough people who want to buy these things at supermarkets, then go ahead. It’s like with many things that are taboo in the beginning, they go mainstream in a couple of decades or so. Rock music, cancer, bikini, bare legs, Twisted Sister, women’s voting, LGBTQX rights, tattoos, velcro shoes, sex before marriage, divorce, Christianity, Satanism, swearing, big brother, unions… 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-11-09 21:02

#1 You make a great point there Niklas! I agree with you, I think if you can sell contraception etc in supermarkets this shouldn’t make much difference.

All the best, Leia

Evelina
2018-11-16 11:03

They sell them on the shelves of the pharmacy here in Sweden. I feel like its just not a big deal. Laughing out loudI don't really know what a valid argument could be saying that it shouldn't be allowed in grocery markets. What are people afraid of?

Max
2019-01-13 02:12

It's a great thing as it normalises female sexual pleasure. I'm a little surprised that Sainsbury which has a rather stuffy reputation is the pathfinder.

Leia
2019-01-14 23:02

#4 What makes you think Sainsbury's has a bad reputation?

All the best, Leia

Max
2019-01-15 04:06

#5 I'm a partisan on the subject of Sainsbury's ever since they rejected me for a Saturday /evenings job whilst I was at 6th Form (senior high school in UK). I ended up working for their arch rivals Tesco instead. Historically their policies have been highly influenced by the rather conservative Sainsbury's family. I would have been less surprised had Tesco or Aldi or Lidl made the move. But always happy to have my prejudices tested.

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: