Annons:
Tagopinion
Read 872 times
Niklas
2018-09-27 19:48

China will rate citizens by government benchmark

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Imagine the government making a point system where everything you do can give you positive points and negative points. It’s called “social credit”. Every citizens’s points are added up into a personal total. Positive or negative. Your total decide what privileges, if any, you get. Or, if your points are low, according to the government dictated standards, how you will be punished.

It’s not just about abiding by the laws. You are also rated by your way of living. Like what you buy and how much or little. Alcohol is bad, diapers are good. What you do online or with your phone is also analyzed, as well as you finances and what you say. Your friends and family also has an impact on your score. They can lift you up or bring you down.

High scores gives you privileges like access to better educations, lower rate loans and better jobs. Low raters will have difficulty traveling, no chance of getting credits or government jobs.

Everything is automated. Hundreds of millions of surveillance cameras identifies everyone, register everything people do and artificial intelligence is used to analyze and calculate ratings 24 hours a day.

Welcome to China 2020! That’s when it’s all expected to be up and running.

Do you think this sounds promising? Inviting? Do you want to live like this?

If you prefer reading about it instead of watching the video:

» Leave no dark corner - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

(Photo by Matthew Henry at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2018-10-01 21:24

This is too scary, Black Mirror comes true.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-10-02 10:51

I like how they always try to smile, no matter how bad the information they give her is. Sneaky.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-12-08 21:49

I can’t remember where I read it, but I remember seeing that it is already in place? Or that the citizens are aware of this at least.

Niklas
2018-12-09 08:30

Yes, the citizens are aware. From what I have heard they don't seem to mind, but it's difficult to say if that's propaganda or real opinions. A couple of days ago I this being compared to capitalism. We are rated in many ways too, just not by the government. Credit score, insurance rating, etc.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-12-09 18:40

Very scary, it gives the government too much control and in an untrue manner since it has rewards that people may want to receive. It can become a situation where people give responses or act in ways they don't want to just to receive the rewards.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-12-09 20:30

Sure, I imagine there will be those who play the system.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Max
2019-01-12 11:12

This is a very serious threat to freedom both in China and potentially globally. I think among the relatively few who are aware of what is being built there is a widespread appreciation that this will be extremely bad news for freedom in China. I don't think many have fully appreciated that there is a good chance that loss of freedom will spill over to the Free World. If one looks at things like Messenger Apps you now have a situation where (partly due to early protection from foreign competition) Wechat is near universal on Chinese phones. Technically its way ahead of anything in the West including Whats App etc in terms of functionality. But if course it is wide open in terms of Chinese government surveylance. I suspect that as of now one is somewhat protected by the shear volume of messages and traffic to monitor. But for sure they are devolping surveylance AI that will be capable of sifting through mountains of data identifying frequent use of key words which could then trigger more serious surveylance of those involved. As China's economic dominance increases over the next decades it will be increasingly difficult for Western companies to exclude themselves from the Chinese Market by not complying with Chinese Government demands to hand over client data and increasingly difficult for Western consumers to forgo successful Chinese apps like Wechat. The future for freedom does not look promising.

Niklas
2019-01-14 11:12

I think there will be lots of alternatives for those of us who don't want to volunteer our private lives to companies and governments. In Europe, the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is the first step toward user data control.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-01-14 22:55

#8 That's a good point to have there Niklas, I wonder if Brexit will affect GDPR for the UKIdea.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-01-16 10:24

#9: On the one hand, Britain has adopted GDPR, but on the other it has been know to spy on its own and other countries citizens. Perhaps they will continue like that, a “benign” official position towards privacy, and another that they practice.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: